THE TOP 10 KILLER QUESTIONS TO DEFINITELY ASK AT INTERVIEW:
1) Where do YOU see the company going in the next 1 to 10 years?
This is a question that will most definitely make the interviewer think. It demonstrates that you are both interested in the company and their opinion. The result? It will position you as someone interested in the long-term future of the company.
2) What is the question you’d all like to ask me but haven’t yet?
A bold question, especially if the interviewer(s) have any reservations about your suitability and fit. As a positive, it will give you an opportunity to counteract any objections or worrying niggles they may have. It may just be the clincher required to seal the deal!
3) What impact would I have on the team if I get hired?
This is quite a hypothetical question, however it will demonstrate your willingness as both a team player and as an inclusive leader.
4) I was looking at your social media presence and I can see that your brands have increased in visibility – has your strategy changed?
A fantastic, open-ended interesting question. Plus, a brilliant way to show not only that you are clearly interested in the company and have been following them, but you have thoroughly done your research.
5) What is an example of a client challenge you have recently faced? Then in your follow up note, address that challenge and how you would tackle it.
This is a highly competency based question and follow up action designed to impress. It will set you apart from other interviewees, and will provide a clear indication of your working methods.
6) What would make someone really successful in this role?
This is a clever question that plays right into your hands. Depending on their response, it may give you the opportunity to further highlight your propensity to succeed in the role.
7) In what way is performance measured and reviewed?
Great question, which also gives you a very good way of determining whether you could work within this company. For example, if performance is measured tightly and you prefer working in a macro environment then it’s probably not an ideal fit for you.
8) What are the top 3 motivators for people coming to work here? and what makes them stay?
This provides an opportunity to really understand the culture within the organization, whilst also gaging the animation rating from the interview panel. If their response is genuine and enthusiastic, you can guarantee that they love working there too.
9) Can you tell me how the role relates to the overall structure of the organization?
This is a great open ended question and will also pave the way to understanding what promotional opportunities are available.
10) How would you describe the culture of the company?
Simply a “must question” which shows you are genuinely interested in the company and it provides you with a clear indication as to whether it’s the company for you!!
Key tips for interview: Be professional, be articulate, do you research, breathe and most importantly, plan your questions and answers. Simple stuff that works.
Written by King Recruit. www.kingrecruit.com
You may also like: What’s your Leadership Style? It’s your choice.
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_4″][et_pb_divider admin_label=”Divider” color=”#ffffff” show_divider=”off” height=”30″ divider_style=”solid” divider_position=”top” hide_on_mobile=”on”]
[/et_pb_divider][et_pb_sidebar admin_label=”Sidebar” orientation=”left” area=”sidebar-1″ background_layout=”light” remove_border=”off”]